Namesco Limited (names.co.uk) is one of the UK's biggest domain name and hosting providers. Domain names and web hosting are our specialities, but we also provide everything else needed to run a booming online business.
Since 2019, we have been part of team.blue, a European group of brands enabling entrepreneurs to succeed online. As a group, we operate across 15 countries, manage over 1.9 million domains, host more than 650,000 websites, and provide 2 million email accounts to our customers. Our incredible team of nearly 2,500 experts make this happen - are you ready to share your passion and join our team?
Why choose names.co.uk?
We want every member of our team to achieve more than they thought possible so that we can keep supporting our customers to succeed. We do this with:
- A diverse and inclusive culture.
- Access to flexible working opportunities.
- A relaxed, collaborative atmosphere.
- Motivational, coach-style leadership.
- Employee perks, including an enhanced holiday scheme and a birthday bonus.
What we do
We make succeeding online as easy as it can be for our customers. We:
- Provide award-winning IT services.
- Keep our products accessible and competitive.
- Offer a diverse range of products to allow customers to grow.
- Are customer-obsessed, offering multi-channel exceptional support.
The five characteristics that drive our behaviours and the heart of our business culture.
- We put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- We’re stronger together and we trust each other to do the right thing.
- We tell it like it is, and keep doors and mind open.
- We treat each other with respect and regard.
- We’re always thinking ’what’s next?
As a Product Owner, you will be part of our cross-functional Product Platform Team, and you will lead a roadmap development and execution and identify optimisation in a product lifecycle for our Dedicated Server products and tools. Internally, the role involves close collaboration with the development, sales, product management and support teams across our global business.
Some specific examples you will be required to take on include:
- Define and articulate a clear vision for the dedicated server product line.
- Develop and maintain a product roadmap, outlining key milestones and release timelines.
- Coordinating release activities, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Prioritising the backlog based on technical and commercial requirements.
- Creating feature specs (goals, analytics, wireframes, copywriting, etc.).
- Providing design feedback to our designers.
- Creating and implementing QA test plans.
- Analysing and communicating post-hoc feature performance.
- Proposing & implementing A/B experiments.
You should have at least 3-5 years of experience in an IT PO role, preferably in the hosting or service provider industry, and a technical-related degree is preferred.
In performing your duties, you will always be expected to use your best endeavours to promote and maintain the company's interests and reputation.
- Demonstrate expert knowledge of the systems and processes.
- Act as a referral point to help staff resolve queries and problems.
- Document solutions and builds to provide a knowledge base to other administrators.
- Technical point of contact for dedicated server products for other brands within team.blue
- Train and share knowledge of implemented and maintained systems and products with other departmental staff and brands across our global business
- Resolve escalated issues using our internal issue tracker.
- Identify network hardware and software that needs to be upgraded, then plan and implement.
- Suggest and implement architectural improvements.
- Review system logs and monitor systems.
- Ensure sufficient capacity and performance are available for all systems.
- Vendor management and communication
- Keep abreast and informed of current I.T. technologies.
Required skills and experience:
- Very strong IT skills in an Internet environment.
- Translating business requirements into tangible technical implementation .
- Resilient with the ability to problem-solve.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills .
- x86 server hardware experience desirable .
- Knowledge and experience of basic development practices (continuous integration, test driven development etc) .
- Datacentre best practices, including in-rack power and network cabling.
- Using troubleshooting tools and the ability to manage and communicate faults with fast resolve.
- Very good Project Management skills.
- Delivering business results
- Team working
- Attention to detail.
- Decision making
- Bringing innovation to problem-solving
- Excellent communication
- Hardware knowledge
- Linux & Windows Administration
- Coordinating projects.
- Developing others.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Certified Product Owner or equivalent qualification.
Your usual work hours will be from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday to Friday inclusive. However, these may be subject to alteration by the dictates of the business.
You are entitled to a one-hour unpaid lunch break, which is normally between 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m., but depending on shift and cover patterns, may have to be taken at other convenient times.
For the first four weeks training will be provided, on a full-time basis from our offices in Worcester, UK. The role can be completely remote if the selected candidate does not live near Worcester.
After training work will be done from the office on full-time basis. Hybrid working will only be an option after discussions with the Line Manager.
Right to work: