Namesco Limited (names.co.uk) is one of the UK's biggest domain and hosting providers. Domain names and web hosting are our specialities, but we also provide everything else needed to run a booming online business.
Since 2019, we have been part of team.blue, a European group of brands enabling entrepreneurs to succeed online. As a group, we operate across 15 countries, manage over 1.9 million domains, host more than 650,000 websites, and provide 2 million email accounts to our customers. Our incredible team of nearly 2,000 experts make this happen - are you ready to share your passion and join our team?
Why choose names.co.uk?
We want every member of our team to achieve more than they thought possible so that we can keep supporting our customers to succeed. We do this with:
- A diverse and inclusive culture.
- Access to flexible working opportunities.
- A relaxed, collaborative atmosphere.
- Motivational, coach-style leadership.
- Employee perks, including an enhanced holiday scheme and a birthday bonus.
What we do
We make succeeding online as easy as it can be for our customers:
- Provide award-winning IT services.
- Keep our products accessible and competitive.
- Offer a diverse range of products to allow customers to grow.
- Are customer-obsessed, offering multi-channel exceptional support.
The five characteristics that drive our behaviours and the heart of our business culture.
- We put our customers at the heart of everything we do.
- We’re stronger together and we trust each other to do the right thing.
- We tell it like it is and keep doors and mind open.
- We treat each other with respect and regard.
- We’re always thinking ’what’s next?’.
We are looking for a Legal Counsel to work with our General Counsel UK & IE in Worcester, UK.
Naturally passionate about law, you will be advising in connection with all commercial contracts including internal and external client contracts, SaaS and AI contracts, NDAs, supplier contracts and other commercial agreements. This will include reviewing, revising, drafting and negotiating all contracts in accordance with applicable local laws and team. blue policies.
You will aid in providing advice on legal and commercial risks and proposals for mitigating actions in connection with commercial contracts and support to our Customer Care team as required.
- Negotiating local and team.blue group contracts.
- Managing contracts for team.blue Product Units.
- Assisting the General Counsel and CISO UK & IE with data privacy matters for the UK and Ireland.
- Aiding with privacy related investigations and remediation activities in relation to data subject rights, complaints and other feedback.
- Managing Namesco’s external accreditation portfolio and responding where necessary to regulatory queries.
- Assisting in ensuring Legal & ESG commitments are fulfilled, such as maintenance of Modern Slavery Act statements for the Namesco group of companies.
- Liaising with UK & IE Customer Care teams and supporting them with pre-action issues, disputes and queries from government bodies such as Trading Standards.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of drafting and negotiating SaaS agreements.
- Interest in technology and AI solutions.
- Confidence and the ability to interact directly with senior management, directors, external counsel, and other key stakeholders across team.blue to build connections and gather information from all levels of the business.
- Legal Executive (FCILEX) or Solicitor, NQ to 3 years PQE.
- Law degree (or equivalent).
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- IT skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong time management, prioritisation, and organisation skills.
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday. You will be required to work a minimum of two days per week from our Worcester office and up to three days from home. This can be discussed further with your Line Manager.
Right to work:
At any stage please be prepared to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK. Unfortunately, we are unable to support Sponsorship Visas.