We are delighted to announce that we have an exciting permanent position for Technical Support Advisor for Simply Hosting & Servers (part of Namesco Limited)
Simply is part of Namesco Limited which is part of team.blue, an international group of companies who provide professional online services to over 600,000 customers worldwide. Operating in the UK, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Portugal and the Netherlands, team.blue leads the way in high bandwidth hosting, virtual and dedicated servers and regularly brings exciting new products to market.
Namesco Limited (names.co.uk) is one of the largest domain name and hosting providers in the UK. It is part of Registered Group dedicated to providing professional online services to business and individuals. As a group we manage over 1.9 million domain name registrations, host 650,000 websites and manage 2 million email accounts for customers with 1,250 experts to support them.
Welcome to our journey.
Why choose Namesco?
Diverse and inclusive culture Open door team setup
Spacious offices Coach style leadership
Enhanced holiday scheme Birthday off+ £250 bonus
What we do?
Provide award winning IT services Affordable product pricing
Initiate to diversity product lines Cutting edge marketing services
Interactive customer engagement Help clients succeed
- We take pride in being an equal opportunities employer, embracing our employee’s unique self, that liberates people to thrive.
- Promote empowerment within company to create core culture.
- Share learning and best practices with each other globally.
- Work towards shared goals to deliver high quality results
- Celebrate diversity of our teams and customers.
We are looking for a motivated, pro-active, and enthusiastic individual to strengthen our Network Operations Centre team in Reading, UK. As Technical support advisor, you will be leading all customer and service provider interactions, via phone, email and internal query system (ticket system) and face to face. You will be responsible in escalating tickets to supervisors, management and network team when required.
You will be actioning any fixing or maintenance of network cabling, performing racking/de-racking of servers, fulfilling rebooting of servers and network devices, attaching KVMS (Keyboard, video, mouse) to servers, accompany vendors/customers to appropriate data floor and provide direct assistance.
You will act as the middle person to exchange communications between our customers and Network Team, thus facilitating information gathering for troubleshooting to resolve network related issues.
- Interact with customers via email, phone, ticket system and face to face
- Work with 3rd party service providers to process and analyse customer issues to resolution.
- Hardware installation (Racking/Cabling/Memory/Hard Drives/Raid Cards)
- Software Configuration (Operating System Installation, updates, Control Panel’s, SQL Server)
- Manual Handling of Hardware (Servers, routers, switches etc.)
Skills & Experience:
Data Centre Experience Clear written and verbal skills
Help desk or technical support Ability to learn and retain
Cabling and Network wiring Excellent communicator
Understanding of DNS Co-ordinates and prioritises work
Analytical skills to trouble shoot Self-motivation
Team working Prioritise tasks
Attention to detail Excellent time management
Provide excellent customer service Commendable communication
- Hardware troubleshooting methodologies
- Network troubleshooting
- Raid knowledge/setup
- UNIX/Linux/ Windows concepts and use
You will normally be working in a shift pattern. 4 days early shift from 7am to 7pm, followed by 4 days off, then late shifts from 7pm to 7am, followed by 4 days off. Each working shift of 4 days will be followed by 4 days off
You will be given complete training and support from our offices in Reading. Your training will last up to 3 months, due to the nature of working hours.
Right to work:
At any stage please be prepared to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Unfortunately, we are unable to support Sponsorship Visas.