Technical Support Advisor
Network Operations Centre · Reading
If you want to feel challenged on a daily basis & belong to a team that is committed to exceeding expectations, then you’ll thrive in the dynamic & unique environment we have created at Namesco.
Company overview -
Namesco Limited is one of the largest domain name and hosting providers in the UK and ranks within the top 50 hosting providers in the world. For over a decade, we’ve provided customers with award winning Internet technology services, including Web Hosting, domain name registration and innovative online marketing solutions.
By providing high-quality products and personal service we’ve achieved many industry firsts and numerous awards. Our company has enjoyed steady and controlled growth, driven organically and through strategic acquisitions, and we are now the provider of choice for hundreds of thousands of customers, from consumers to large corporations.
Since 2019 we have been part of team.blue, a leading digital enabler for companies and entrepreneurs. It serves over 2 million customers in Europe and has more than 1,250 experts to support them. Its goal is to shape technology and to empower businesses with innovative digital services.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
Job Description -
We are looking for a motivated, pro-active and enthusiastic individual to strengthen our Network Operations Centre team. As part of the team you will serve as a point of contact for our customers and service providers. You will be required to deal with customer issues raised over the phone, email and internal ticket system, escalating tickets to support supervsiors, management and/or network team where required.
You will deal with network cabling, racking / de-racking of server, rebooting servers and network devices, attaching KVMs to servers and at times you will escort vendors / customers to the appropriate data floor and assist where applicable.
You will also act as a liaison between customers and our Network Team and assist with gathering correct data for troubleshooting, in order to resolve any network related issues.
Appropriate training will be provided where required.
In the performance of your duties, you will be expected to use your best endeavours to promote and maintain the interests and reputation of the Company at all times as well as acting as a role model for all Technical Support Teams.
- Interface with customers via email, phone, ticket system and face to face
- Work with 3rd party service providers in order to process and analyse customer issues to resolution
- Generate problem reports to ensure we provide top level service for our customers
- Hardware installation (Racking / Cabling / Memory / Hard Drives / Raid Cards)
- Software Configuration (Operating System Installation, updates, Control Panel’s, SQL Server)
- Helping other team members resolve queries and problems
- Handle complaint calls effectively to resolution, where possible
- Assist the Network Operations Centre Manager in the implementation and sharing of Best Practice, raising knowledge and quality across the teams
- To be involved in ad-hoc projects representing the NOC
- Manual Handling of Hardware (Servers, routers, switches etc.)
- Support and actively promote the Namesco Technical Support Values
- Carry out such tasks that are required to meet the needs of the business
Required Skills & Experience:
- Data Centre Experience is a Plus
- Help Desk or Technical Support Experience a must
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Experience with Cabling and Network Wiring
- IT skills including Windows, Linux, Various VPS Platforms, (including KVM, openVZ, HyperV), Network Infrastructure
- Good Intercommunication skills
- Significant Customer Service / Technical Support experience
- Working knowledge of Network and Server Equipment (i.e. Routers, Server Hardware, Raid)
- Understanding of DNS
- Understanding of Networking
- Hardware troubleshooting methodologies
- Resilient with the ability to problem solve
- Working with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook at an intermediate level
-Clear written and verbal skills
- Good presentation skills Ability to learn and retain information in a fast paced environment
Desired Requirements -
· Providing Excellent Customer Service
· Team Working
· Self Motivation
· Attention to detail
· Making good decisions
· Bringing innovation to problem solving
· Developing Others
· Hardware troubleshooting methodologies
· Network troubleshooting
· Raid knowledge / Setup
· UNIX / Linux / Windows concepts and use
Working Hours -
Your normal hours of work will be based on four day shifts from 7.00am to 7.00pm, each four day shift being followed by four days off, and then four night shifts from 7.00pm to 7.00am, each four night shift being followed by four nights off. Shifts include weekends and bank holidays and will be rotated throughout the year to provide a mixture of day and night shift work. You are allowed a one hour unpaid break to be taken when work requirements permit.
In addition, you are required to work such extra hours as are necessary to ensure the satisfactory completion of your duties.