Health & Safety and Facilities Manager
Health & Safety and Facilities · Worcester Temporarily Remote
If you want to be part of our success story then you need to be able to challenge yourself & work with your colleagues to go the extra mile & deliver excellence in every aspect of the business.
Company overview -
Namesco Limited (names.co.uk) is one of the largest domain name and hosting providers in the UK and ranks within the top 50 hosting providers in the world. For over a decade, we’ve provided customers with award winning Internet technology services, including Web Hosting, domain name registration and innovative online marketing solutions.
By providing high-quality products and personal service we’ve achieved many industry firsts and numerous awards. Our company has enjoyed steady and controlled growth, driven organically and through strategic acquisitions, and we are now the provider of choice for hundreds of thousands of customers, from consumers to large corporations.
Since 2019 we have been part of team.blue, a leading digital enabler for companies and entrepreneurs. It serves over 2 million customers in Europe and has more than 1,250 experts to support them. Its goal is to shape technology and to empower businesses with innovative digital services.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partner status or pregnancy and maternity. We therefore positively encourage applications from all suitably qualified and eligible job applicants.
Job Description -
We are looking to appoint a Health & Safety and Facilities Manager who will be responsible for the development and management of health, safety and facilities management across all of our office locations in the UK and Ireland. Considering best practice and the operational needs of the business, thus ensuring that the company complies with all current Health and Safety legislation.
Main Duties/Responsibilites -
- Overall responsibility for all aspects of health and safety management across all offices
- Be the company’s “competent person”
- Maintain and continuously develop the company’s health and safety policies and procedures to ensure that they are fit for purpose and comply with the law.
- Conduct and regularly review risk assessments ensuring that they remain current and fit for purpose
- Maintain the company’s in-house safety management system.
- Conduct all necessary frequent safety inspections and checks.
- Take responsibility for first aid and fire procedures, including employee first aid and fire training.
- Manage emergency procedures, such as fire alarm drills.
- Investigate accidents and finding best way to prevent future accidents
- Train all employees in health and safety procedures.
- Dealing with all aspects of COVID-19 health and safety
- Respond to any safety complaints and concerns raised by employees.
- Maintaining a safe, tidy, secure and professional working office environment across all office locations.
- Providing assistance to HR Manager UK/IRL, and senior managers in regional offices, in the smooth running of the office to include health and safety and facility management
- Working with contractors to ensure any necessary work is completed
- Liaising with external providers and third parties
- Ensuring that all facilities procurement is conducted on a best value basis and ensuring that suppliers are instructed on a timely basis.
Required Skills & Experience:
- IOSH Health and Safety trained (Chartered Membership)
- Extensive and up to date knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Instil a positive health and safety culture
- Lead by example. You must show employees that you take your health and safety manager responsibilities seriously.
- Calm, patient and excellent communication skills as you’ll need to explain the law to people who aren’t familiar with it.
- Good interpersonal skills and a willingness to work with people at all levels of the organisation.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- Strong record keeping skills
- An eye for detail
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge MS excel, word and outlook
Key competencies -
- Being flexible and adaptable
- Seeks and shares relevant information
- Plans and organises
- Quality emphasis
- Works well as part of team but equally able to work off your own initiative
Working Hours -
Your usual hours of work will be from 9:00a.m. to 5:30p.m. Monday to Friday inclusive, however these may be subject to alteration in accordance with the dictates of the business. You are entitled to a one hour lunch break, which is normally to be taken between 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m. Depending on shift and cover patterns this may have to be taken at other convenient times.