Job Description -
An opportunity has arisen for a Software Engineer to join our established Development Team. The successful applicant must have a passion for writing clean, secure and testable code, and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Working with sensitive and business-critical data also requires a thorough understanding of security and data integrity issues on the Internet.
The successful applicant will have an enthusiastic attitude for their work with significant commercial experience in creating secure, high-performance web applications.
Required Skills & Experience:
Essential Requirements -
- Extensive knowledge of Object Orientated PHP
- Solid understanding of software design patterns, principles and best practices
- Ability to write modular, reusable code, not limited to any framework
- Relational databases and SQL
- Unit testing with PHPUnit
- Good understanding of security issues on the internet
Desirable Experience -
- Agile Software Development (Scrum, Kanban)
- RESTful Web Services
- PHP Standards Recommendations (PSRs)
- NoSQL databases (Memcache, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Package Management (Composer, NPM, Yarn)
- Usability, Accessibility, SEO & W3C Standards
- MVC Applications
- HTML5, XHTML, Sass, Git, RabbitMQ
- HTTP, SMTP, FTP, SSH, TLS, DNS
Working Hours/Location -
We offer fully remote / hybrid working.
Your usual hours of work will be from 9:00a.m. to 5:30p.m. Monday to Friday.
Whilst we are happy to consider applications from outside the UK, due to regulatory requirements we are limited to countries in which team.blue operates. For a full list please see https://team.blue/contact/
We are unable to offer Visa sponsorship for this role.
Company values and overview -
· We love automation
· We never stop improving
· We are self-sufficient and take control
· We stand shoulder to shoulder
· We get the job done
· We empower
· We are an equal opportunities employer
Namesco Limited (names.co.uk) is one of the largest domain name and hosting providers in the UK. Since 2019 we have been part of team.blue, a leading digital enabler for companies and entrepreneurs. We serve over 2 million customers in Europe and have more than 1,250 experts to support them. Our goal is to shape technology and to empower businesses with innovative digital services.
Welcome to our journey. We are just getting started.