Namesco Limited (names.co.uk) is one of the UK's biggest domain name and hosting providers. Domain names and web hosting are our specialities, but we also provide everything else needed to run a booming online business.
Since 2019, we have been part of team.blue, a European group of brands enabling entrepreneurs to succeed online. As a group, we operate across 15 countries, manage over 1.9 million domains, host more than 650,000 websites, and provide 2 million email accounts to our customers. Our incredible team of nearly 1,700 experts make this happen - are you ready to share your passion and join our team?
Why choose names.co.uk?
We want every member of our team to achieve more than they thought possible so that we can keep supporting our customers to succeed. We do this with:
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Access to flexible working opportunities
- A relaxed, collaborative atmosphere
- Motivational, coach-style leadership
- Employee perks, including an enhanced holiday scheme and a birthday bonus
What we do
We make succeeding online as easy as it can be for our customers. We:
- Provide award-winning IT services
- Keep our products accessible and competitive
- Offer a diverse range of products to allow customers to grow
- Are customer-obsessed, offering multi-channel exceptional support
The five characteristics that drive our behaviours and the heart of our business culture;
- We put our customers at the heart of everything we do
- We’re stronger together and we trust each other to do the right thing
- We tell it like it is, and keep doors and mind open
- We treat each other with respect and regard
- We’re always thinking ’what’s next?
An opportunity has arisen for a Software Engineer to join our established Development Team. The successful applicant must have a passion for writing clean, secure and testable code, and a commitment to ongoing professional development.
Working with sensitive and business-critical data also requires a thorough understanding of security and data integrity issues on the Internet.
The successful applicant will have an enthusiastic attitude for their work with significant commercial experience in creating secure, high-performance web applications.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Creating secure, high-performance web applications
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Gather and evaluate feedback in timely manner
- Directing and participating in design activities
Essential Requirements -
- Extensive knowledge of Object Orientated PHP
- Solid understanding of software design patterns, principles and best practices
- Ability to write modular, reusable code, not limited to any framework
- Relational databases and SQL
- Unit testing with PHPUnit
- Good understanding of security issues on the internet
Desirable Experience -
- Agile Software Development (Scrum, Kanban)
- RESTful Web Services
- PHP Standards Recommendations (PSRs)
- NoSQL databases (Memcache, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Package Management (Composer, NPM, Yarn)
- Usability, Accessibility, SEO & W3C Standards
- MVC Applications
- HTML5, XHTML, Sass, Git, RabbitMQ
- HTTP, SMTP, FTP, SSH, TLS, DNS
The normal hours of the business are 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday inclusive.
For the first two-four weeks training will be provided, on a full-time basis from our offices in Worcester, UK
Following initial training, we will offer hybrid working with this role, 1 days in the office, 4 days at home. We can be flexible on this arrangement.
Right to work:
At any stage please be prepared to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK
Unfortunately, we are unable to support Sponsorship Visas.